Wednesday 8 August 2012

New Purchases 1/144


  Yes I know I have been buying more models than I build, but I am hoping that should change soon as I have now cleaned off my desk in my bedroom for modelling, where as before I was using the kitchen table.  Least I will be able to listen to better music and have easier access to reference material, ie the interwebs and my book collection.  Right onto what I have purchased.

  All of the following where from King Kit - www.kingkit.co.uk a very good modelling kit website.  I will be using them again.  I only really wanted two kits from them but I think I ended up buying 8!!!  Onto the pictures.


   This was the first kit that I actually wanted, I'm not a great fan of CAG schemes as they seem like some kinda ego boost to me.  However this one I like, it fits with an A-10 to me.  Also it has the dual AIM-9 launchers that an A-10 should have.  Got lots of extra weapons with this one too, always handy to have. 


   Two planes I have always liked, the F-16XL was a design that was put forward as an bomber, it could carry 16 bombs on it.  I believe that this design proposal lost the the F-15E Strike Eagle.  The two that where built where given to NASA hence the cool black paint work on the plane.  The Saab Viggen is one of those weird planes that I love for no reason at all except that it looks cool!!  I always loved the way that Swedish planes are designed to operate from crap airfields and motorways, yeah I know that any plane can operate from a motorway but it's cool to be in the design.  I know the RAF used to train their pilots with motorway take offs with the Harriers and the Jaguars.  Not too sure on the Tornado tho... hhmm.


   As a kid I remember making an 1/144 F-4 Phantom from the Hellenic Air Force.  As a kid you never really gave a crap about details then, as I had painted it metallic aluminium and put the decals on.  I guess you could call this a trip down memory lane for me.  I got the F-16 as it's nice to do a plane in markings other than Russian, American and British.  I think it looks like a cool model to do with just the two tanks on it and the AIM-9's too.  The Tornado was because I wanted a GR1 model.  Every kit I have of the GR1 is missing the ECM pod under the left wing, I'm hoping as it's on the photo it should be in the box.  Gotta love a Sharkmouth Tornado. ;)


   The Su-25 Frogfoot (love that name) was bought because I have a thing for ground pounders/anti-armor planes.  I'm hoping it comes with a lot of ammo that I can use on one of my other Russian jets.  Now the Hawker Hunter, what a beautiful plane!  Anyone who doesn't love this plane is either moronic or blind!  It's also cool that the Royal Navy are still using them to this day via a 3rd party.  It also kicked serious arse in the Indian/Pakistan war, the pilots loved it because it never let them down.  I remember reading that one pilot hit a sand dune with his tail after a tank had a lucky shot at him and the plane survived and got him home too.  Class

 
  This Tigershark was added to the pile as it was cheap and I have been after a good F-5/F-20 for ages.  The paint work looks easy to do so not much to worry about and only... 8 decals if I am lucky.

  As of yet I am not too sure how I am going to paint them if it's going to be OOB (Out of Box) or bodge something up myself.  Will have to see what happens and how I feel.

  Thats all for now... PEACE!

  Dazz

2 comments:

  1. Kits from back in the day when airfix had a 1.144 range and even matchbox which i never remember in stores.

    Only 3 i got are the Hawker Hunter best of the batch! And the Su-25 which i just started to build and goes together well and the A-10 which ive found requires quite alot of work but has amazing detail and the best cockpit with ejection seat ive ever seen and lots of weapons, plenty for other build since dragons payloads are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the opposite Ian, I remember the Matchbox 1/144's however I do not remember the Airfix ones at all and I spent a lot of time in a model shop as a wee nipper.

    I'm looking forward to the Hunter as it's one of my all time fav planes, it just looks like an modern-ish Spitfire with it's elegance and shape. The Su-25 I have had a quick look at, (hence me saying on your blog about the pylons) but I like what I have seen thus far. The A-10 I think I only bought for the weapons and the decals. But I will have a lookie at the seats soon, I was going to use the weapons on the Revell A-10 I got. But after reading what you've said, I might have to look into the Dragon one a bit more. :)

    Thanks for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete