Thursday 16 August 2012

New Purchase - RetroWings and Freightdog Model parts.


 So I said I would post some pictures of these resin parts, I've tried to give them a little wash, but the only wash I have is a light grey.  Hopefully you can see some details on them.  Onto the pictures.


   First up is the "Freightdog 1/144th Tornado GR.1/1A Gulf War weapons set pack".  You can see 3 LRMTS pods, one TILAD pod, IR Line Scanner and two JP233's. I love the details on the JP233's, altho one thing I am not too sure on, is the fact that the Tornado had a TILAD pod.  I know towards the start of the war, the Tornados had a Blackburn Buccaneer buddie who designated the targets for the Tornados.  Which pretty much turned the Tornado into a bomb-truck.  Will have to check up on that one.  Ironically enough, I read the other month that the RSAF is planning on doing the same thing with their Typhoons, using them as bomb trucks and using the Tornado as the designator.  Might do some kind of diaorama at some stage with that in mind.


   Hawker Hunter cockpit, lots of flash here, will have to be careful of what I cut away and what I dont.  The chair is well detailed tho.


   The Hawker Hunter's cockpit again but this time you can see the business end of it.  Looks likes fun to paint this lot. 


   Front end of the A-6 Intruder, hope you can see the details in it.  Once again the chairs look cool, look forward to painting these.  Will knacker my eyes out tho.


   The "Office" for the A-6 again, lots of detail there.  Very impressed with these :)


   New nozzles and intakes for the Revell A-10, not much here to look at, SYSIWYG.


   Cockpit kit for the Revell ECR Tornado, very cool, even got the holders/arms for the HUD.  Gonna have to find some thin clear plastic for those.  Still lots of bits to paint up again.


   Tried to get a better shot of the cockpit, hope you can see the details.


   This time a close up of the chairs and my left hand.  Loving the chairs, lots of detail to bring out on them.  You can see the HUD holder better here.


   Dragon Tornado set, pretty much the same as the Revell one, just a darker resin.  Still will have fun painting this bugger.


   Close up of the Navigators (back-seater) console.  That bit glues onto the plain flat bit you can see in the cockpit tub.


   Same kit again with a close up of the cockpit tub, lots more details to paint up there.  Hoping I can bring out the details in this one.  Might see if any of the decals can be used on here.  Probably not tho.


  This is the set I got for the F-18 "legacy" models.  Now that I have the model, I am rethinking if I want to cut it up or not.  I'm thinking not and getting another Hornet to cut up instead. Lots of details in the wing tips and the elevators too  Got the flaps and slats as well as the control surfaces for the rudders.  Might be a good addition if I can EVER get a carrier deck.

  Hope you can actually see the details in that lot.  I tried to get as close as my camera would allow.

  Peace!

  Dazz

No comments:

Post a Comment