Well I decided to start these two models as I was waiting for the filler on the ACTIVE to dry/harden. I've joined in on the Britmodeller GB for the Battle of the Third Reich, not too sure if these two qualify, but I have posted these up anyhow. First onto the various box shots and stuff.
The first box shot, the plane depicted here was used in China so I can not make that one as part of the group build. However the second decal option I can use and that is shown down below, an RAF machine! Woohoo!
This one I am pretty sure I can enter into the GB, that is some class artwork. I also believe that I can do an D-Day version with the stripes on it. That'll be cool. :)
Boring sprue shot, nothing to see here really.
See above, this is one fine kit tho, the moulds are great and the fit thus far is fantastic!
This is for the P-51B (the one with the USAF one), two fuel tanks and two bazookas, gotta throw them on. :)
This is for the Mustang III, the RAF name for the Mustang, with a bubble canopy which I am lead to believe the American pilots wanted badly??
The decals for the RAF/USAF version, Sharkmouths for the win!! Gotta love a good Sharkmout on a Mustang.
Decals for the Mustang III, one for the Polish squadron and the other an actual British RAF squadron. Will be making the Polish one for this GB.
This is the version I will be making for the GB, love that Sharkmouth.
This version will be built on the next time I do this model (I got another 2 of each model).
This will also be the other one I will build for the GB, looks like a cool model. Gotta check my reference's for the invasion striped thos.
The other option for the Mustang III, like the USAF version, this one will be built when I make the model again at an later date.
The two cockpits side by side, these two models are exactly the same, except for a different canopy which I will be having kept close anyhow so I am doubting you will see anything inside. So detailing has been kept to a minimum for my own sanity. These two will be made totally out of box also.
All the bits for the fuselages, and that is where I am upto with this one. I can see myself getting trough this one very fast, unlike the ACTIVE and ASAT. Oh well... hopefully I will finally be able to get the Airbrush out also. :)