Wednesday 8 August 2012

Revell 1/144 MiG 1.44 MFI WiP1


 Got this plane cheap on Ebay a while ago, only just started it.  I've always had a fondness for this plane since it appeared in Ace Combat 5 - The Unsung War.  Love the look of it, but I never realised how huge this bastard actually is!!!  It's massive!!!  I've only started on the cockpit for the time being, I've not put a HUD because I read that it was supposed to have an in helmet display or something.  I didn't use the decals that came with the model because I thought they where a bit sucky.  The cockpit tub has raised details so I painted them in some kinda way.  I used a new Humbrol acrylic brush on this one and I am loving the brush.  I made some sidewalls, not too sure how the inside of this plane actually looks tho.  Liking the dry-brushing that I done of the chair too.  Here are the piccies of it and what I have done.


   Believe it or not but that little lot took me about an hour... well that was with all the interuptions I received through the painting process.  Not too sure if those side walls are a good idea or not.  The seatbelts need work too.  I scratch built the ejector handle too, made from the wires inside an USB cable that was "coloured" with an red Sharpie.  I wasn't sure if this plane has the single red handle or the two red handles you see, so I just took a guess and went with the single.


  Now this side I am proud of, the dry brushing seems to have worked too. The ejector handle looks good here too.  More to follow later on. :)

  PEACE!

  Dazz

No comments:

Post a Comment