Wednesday 8 August 2012

RetroWings/Freightdog bits and bobs


  After speaking with Ant Sized Man (check out his blog, the dude has serious skills!) about some resin parts he has received for his models.  I think it was a cockpit tub for an F6 Hellcat, a beautiful plane btw, but back to topic.  I decided to get some parts for some of my models, haven't really looked at them yet but pictures and a little about them.  Oh the links below will take you to the actual items.


   Got the A-10 Intake Lips and Exhaust Covers as I will be starting it soon and thought why the hell not.  The prices are very good with Retro Wings so why the hell not?  The Tornado cockpit was bought for the Dragon model, which the cockpit from that model is shocking!


   Not too sure how bad the Revell Tornado's cockpit is actually, just added this to the list because I could :P The same can be said for the Hawker Hunters cockpit too.


   Now the A-6's cockpit is a disgrace, almost as bad as the Dragons Tornado.  So this was a must if I wanted to make that cool plane.  The LRMTS pods where added to the list because I wanted to make a few GR1's.  There is something else to add to that plan below :)


  Got this one because it looked cool and I am bound to pick up an Legacy F-18 at some point looks like it'll be some fun work to get these parts on but I am willing to try it.





 
  Saw these Tornado JP233's for sale on Freightdog Models, these will fit in perfectly with my Kits-World decals and the various Tornados I have.  The timing for these couldn't of been better.  I hope they release more stuff for the 1/144 scale in due course.

  I'll try to get a wash on them and show the details they have in due course.

  PEACE!

  Dazz

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words.

    Looks like you went to town with the retrowings resin, looking forward to seeing a you bring out the detail with the wash. Plan on getting that tornado one sometime in the future, revell kit really needs new ejection seats. Hunter can do with some more detail even though it quite nice.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Ian, if I am honest it was your blog that made me seriously look at 1/144 instead of the 1/72 scale.

    I did order a few bits of resin, they are well priced so I thought why the hell not. Besides they are all parts that I will need eventually, knowing my luck if I was to leave it until later they would all be out of stock or something. The wash I should be doing soon hopefully. I've always thought that the ejection seats from Revell where a little lacking, as for the Dragon A-6 and Tornado, I think you understand as well. The Hunter I plan to go full modification with, I've seen that Brengun do some brass-etch stuff for it, like a ladder and flaps. So gonna attempt that at some time. Got plans for that model. :)

    Dazz

    ReplyDelete