Thursday 9 August 2012

New Purchase - Revell 1/144 Tornado GR.1



  Ever since I bought that decal sheet from Kits-World and the resin JP223's from Freightdog Models, I have wanted a decent Tornado to use for those parts.  I have got the Matchbox Tornado GR.1 which isn't upto the task as it doesn't have the Sky Shadow ECM pods that where used in the Gulf War, nor the Fuel Tanks that where used either.  I've also got the 1+1 Dragon GR.4 kits, but once again the fuel tanks are the wrong ones can't remember if the Sky Shadow ECM pod is in it or not.  I also have a Revell Luftwaffe Tornado, can't remember off the top of my head whats in that one, but there was something wrong.  Once again I believe it was the Sky Shadow ECM pod and/or the Fuel Tanks.  This model however fits the bill excatly, it has the Sky Shadow ECM pod, you can see it on the left wing on the picture and as the picture shows also it has the 2250 litre "Hindenburger" tanks that the GR.1's "borrowed" from the F-3 Tornados for the extra range.  Might get another two of these.


 Even tho I am not going to use these decals, these are class.  I am really impressed with these colours and the cockpit decals too.  I might use these on one of the other kits now that I think about it. I am NOT looking forward to all of the red "X's" there is loads of the buggers!


  It's a nice scheme too, altho not one I remember seeing ever.  I will have to look on the interwebs with my Google-fu skills to find some.


 I am going to assume that these two spures are generic Tornado ones, theres not much difference in all the Tornados except between the  ADV versions and the IDS/ECR ones.  The ADV has one cannon and a longer nose while the IDS/ECR ones have a shorter nose and two cannons... I think the GR4 has one cannon now too. 


  These two spures I think where made just for the GR.1 model alone.  It has the Hindenburger tanks the Sky Shadow ECM Pod, some kinda Paveway bombs, 4 1000lbs bombs and two ALARM missiles (Air Launched Anti-Radation Missile, think HARM and your there.) oh and the canopy.  Looking forward to building this one.

1 comment:

  1. Excellant reveiw, from only opening to check the contents i notice that this has the best cockpit instrument panel ive ever seen, nice one revell.

    ReplyDelete