Friday 24 August 2012

Not much done this week...


  First of all, I must apologise for anyone who is keeping an eye on what I have been modelling recently.  I don't get much time during the week to do my modelling as I either at work, to tired from work or out with Natti.  So my modelling is usually only restricted to my days off work which are Thursday and Friday, yes I work on a Sunday, night time too... It sucks a lot and I really hate it.  Anyhow... This week I decided to take a break from modelling and look into my other projects/interests that I have... my first one that has been taking up a lot of my time is


  I know this is a picture for Tyrannis, the expansion from 2 years ago-ish... but I like the picture so sod it.  I have been playing EVE-Online since 2004 and loved every minute of it.  I've joined a new corp now so I have been sorting that out as my old one died a slow and painful death, oh well.  Least I get to ruin peoples days again.  If you are wondering what it's about then look at the website for it.

  My second hobby incase no-one could guess is Anime, for the lazy people out there... yes Japanese "cartoons".  I have gotten Natti into anime as well.  Altho her tastes are a little different to mine.  She loves Howls Moving Castle and Spirited Away, basically Miyazaki films, where as I like a broad spectrum of stuff.  It ranges from SDF Macross (No, not Robotech), Gundam, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Azu Manga Diaoh to Bubblegum Crisis. However my absolute fav is and always will be Oh!/Ah! My Goddess and The Place Promised in Our Early Days.  If you read the UK-Anime.net review of it, one of the people that the reviewer is talking about is me. ;)  Well I saw a show on Animezuki years ago and started to watch it, however it got licensed about half way through so I thought I would wait for the DVD's.  I'm an old skool fansubber, basically if a show got licensed we would drop it and buy the dvds once it was out to help support the industry.  Well I had totally forgotten about the DVD's of this show until I saw it by chance on Amazon.  So I bought Spice and Wolf. Now nothing special happens in this show, it's about trade and business for the most part, which bores me.  However the characters are really well done and there is something about Holo that I think is really funny.


  Holo is the girl on the left, for the more attenative of you out there you will notice that she has an tail and ears.  Thats because she is a Wolf in a human form, the dude is Kraft Lawrence, a nice guy really.  Basically, Lawrence is a travelling trader in what is middle-time-ish place.  Where people are starting to believe in "God", it's not actually said, but it hints at Christianity and forget the old ways of Paganism.  Sorta old England really.  Anyhow Holo wants to escape the town she has been helping in the south of the contient and go back home to the north, where she is from.  The show follows their fun and games they have and all of the money making stuff they get upto.  There is a love story behind it, but it doesn't kick in fully until the second season.  It's a good show, and it appealed to me just because its nice to watch a show that doesn't require any thinking to watch, unlike some shows.  They really need to do a 3rd series to finish off the story, I'm gonna buy the mangas as and when I can just to see what happens in the end.

  Even tho I have said all of this, I have finished the decals on the F-18, F-14 and the Typhoon.  I just need to tidy them up and get the weapons and wheels on.  I may do that next week. :)

  Peace!

  Dazz

2 comments:

  1. You use to fansub? That cool, my Japanese is quite bad but still try to catch on whats being said in anime.
    Just finished about to start Outlaw Star myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes mate, I did used to fansub back in the day. I only done a few episodes as the group I was with kinda died at the end of the show I was working on and never got into another show. I was only the editor on the show, the groups leader thought it was great to have an English person doing the English editing, altho our English sarcasm was lost on them. :P I can understand the extreme basic jist of what the shows are saying "HENTAI!" "Daisuki desu!" "BAKAAAAAA!" blah blah blah, lets be honest most shows have a basic vocab. However if I was to have a conversation with a Japanese person in their language I would be buggered. Natti and I would love to go one day to Japan also. Outlaw Star is a good show, it was on Cartoon Network years ago along with Gundam Wing "THE GREAT DESTROYER!"... ¬_¬ Are you a sub or dub man?

    ReplyDelete