Thursday 26 April 2012

New bits and bobs...


  The other day Nat and I went to our local HobbyCraft store.  The traffic home was terrible, took me 2 hours to travel 3 miles... yay... thank you Olympics!  Well I went there and noticed there was a model of a BF110 E-1 in 1/72, even tho I have the new Airfix's tooling of the ME-110C2/C4 which is a fantastic model, I thought I would get it as I saw the price ticket for it and it said £2.99.  I thought that must of been an admin error, but legally speaking if a shop advertises a price for something they have to sell it for that price.  It helps knowing the law when you, yourself works in an Admin dept for a big supermarket. ;)  Well I picked it up and was getting ready to have an argument with the management of the store.  The lady behind the counter scanned and I asked what it went through as and she said £2.99.  I was deflated... I was expecting to question it, but I got it.






  Not bad for £2.99 eh? So if you have a HobbyCraft near you, check out the BF110 E-1.  I admit it's not up to the tooling of the new Airfix one but I put that down to age.  However it now means I can make both the C2 and the C4 once I find out what was different about them, or just make the Airfix one as the "fighter-destroyer" used in the Battle of Britain and make the bomber version shown here.  Not sure yet.  I might make them side by side... altho I have a feeling the Revell one will be finished sooner.  As it has about a third of the parts of the Airfix one.

  Next up is this little plane.


   Now as I understand it, this little plane belongs to the subject of "Luft46" (Luftwaffe 1946).  It never flew to my understanding but as with most of the Luftwaffe planes of late 1945 it was jet powered.  Had the war continued I imagine that the allies would of had a much harder job of winning the war... or more horrifically using the atom bomb on Berlin... who knows what the war would of done had it gone on.  Anyhow, I picked up this model from ModelsforSale.com. To me the Flitzer looks a lot like the Venom and Vampire the RAF used up until the 1950's-ish.  Not sure if I can do the mottle camo, but I'll see what I can do.  Now for some reason that escapes me, both Airfix and Revell ship their German planes without Swatikas.  So I bought the two decal packs below.  One is for the BF-110 nightfighters and the other is for a BG109F-4.  Might actually buy the models they where designed for at a later date.  But for now I wanted them as they where cheap and they had the Swatikas in then. :)




  I also bought an Revell 1/144 Eurofighter Typhoon, I've seen good things about this model I might try to make it into an FGR4, just depends if I can get any weapons for it, like the Paveway IV's.

  PEACE!

  Dazz 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment