Wednesday 22 January 2014

TomyTec 1/144 F-15C Galm 1 WiP-1


  I got bored one night waiting for the paint to dry on the Leopard, so I took this out and decided to build it.  It goes together quickly being a snap-fit, but it's a bugger to sort out when something goes wrong, got to sort out the fuselage half's on this one but she will not part.  Overall I am impressed with this one, I can not wait for the other two to turn up.  Oh yeah... I never said on here... about 30 minutes after I put Galm 1 and 2 on here, I checked HLJ and my Christmas wish was answered!!!  They are going to be releasing the F-22A of Mobius One (Ace Combat 4 : Shattered Skies) and the F-15E of Garuda 1 (Ace Comabt 6 : Fires of Liberation), looking forward to both of them! :D



   I decided to put the fuel tanks on the wings as it just seemed to fit.  Not sure if I will put the pilot in or not yet.


  Top shot for no other reason apart from I could and wanted to show you how good the warning bits are.


   Closer shot of those decals, they are very cool.


  And the engine nozzles, this is far better than the Revell version on the F-15E.  I might use these as a referance when I make the other F-15's I have in my collection. dunno yet...

  Thats it thus far...

  Peace!

  Dazz

2 comments:

  1. So, do you need glue at all for any of them?
    I'm a sucker when it comes to Galm team's planes, but I'm not really sure if I'm willing to shell out 3000 yen for a single, 1/144 plane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. You don't need glue for the main part of the aircraft. However it would benefit from some in certain places, the biggest worry I had was cutting it and then having to repaint where the cut was. Luckily most of the sprue gates are on the parts that you don't see. I reckon the fuel tanks will need glueing as will the launch rails for the Sidewinders and AMRAAMs (whatever I decide to use). I'm not too sure if it would be easy to find these models as I know HLJ have no since discontinued them. I reckon it was worth the money tho as they would make a great desk model. :)

      Kind Regards,

      Dazz

      Delete