Friday 28 September 2012

New Projects - Revell 1/72 Focke-Wulf TL Jaeger "Flitzer" and Minicraft 1/144 B-17G Flying Fortress


  Right onto the other two projects I am doing while I wait for the glue/paint to dry on the Puma.  I got this a while back and it is an "Luft46" project.  It's a cool plane, looks a lot like a Vampire/Demon or should I say that they look like this as this was designed in 1943 if my memory serves me correctly.  I am not too sure what decals I wanna use on it.  I think the mottle paintwork is a little bit advanced for my airbrushing skills at the moment.  So I might paint it in a Nightfighter paintwork... hhmm...

 
Well I have closed up the fuselage half's, after packing in a metric tonne of fishing shots.  I hope it's enough weight to keep her on her wheels and not sitting on her arse.  I didn't do much with the tub as I don't think you will be able to see any of the deeper detail.


   The two halves glued together, it took a while to get the thing to close up as it refused to close.  I don't know if that's because I put loads of shots in there or something I missed/didn't tidy up.  Hopefully the glue will cure and keep the bugger stuck.


  I am hoping you can see instrument panels/dials in this one.  I tried dry-brushing for the first time and it actually worked!  I am well impressed with it, yeah sad I know.  It looks pretty good I thinks. :)  Onto the B-17


   This is the box of it, I didn't pay that much for it if I recall right, got it from Hannants too.  Decided not to use the decals for the "Bit o'Lace" I am going to use something else instead.  Just waiting for them to turn up, well actually I gotta wait for the model to be finished first, then decal it.
 

   Here are the fuselage halves being closed up, I haven't glued the wings on yet as I need to do a little work on them.  I have just placed them in their slots to show what to models looks like.  Looks like an B-17 to me. :)


   Tried to get a close up of the cockpit area, think the camera was having a thing for the clamps.  Was focusing on everything except what I wanted it to, might have to use the manual focusing next time.


  And the Fortress next to the Puma, quite a size difference huh?  Wait till the S-37 or the MiG-1.44 go next to it, it will be dwarfed by them.  And that's all that I have done thus far, hoping to get more done next week.  Just wanted to rest this week.

  Peace!

  Dazz

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mr.Dazzio
    1/144 scale s too small for me
    and this s my Flitzer

    https://kootong.wordpress.com/2013/02/10/focke-wulf-tl-jager-flitzer-172-revell/

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hello Kootang, you can call me just "Dazz" if you prefer?? I've just looked at your Flitzer, it's very impressive!! Hope mine turns out half as good as yours!! I prefer to model in 1/144 as I don't have a lot of room to display anything, although I go for 1/72 when it comes to WWII aircraft. Also it's cheaper ;)

    Kind Regards

    Dazz

    ReplyDelete