Thursday 6 September 2012

WiP 1 - SA.330 Puma




  I've had this one for a while, and just didn't know what to do with it regarding the colour.  One scheme is for an Puma at Boscome Down, the usual HC.1 colours and the other is the one on the box during the first Gulf War.  Now I was stuck what to do about the "desert pink" colour... why is it desert pink anyhow?  I dont see any pink in it... just a really weird shade... why isn't it yellow?  I am sure there is a smart person out there who can and probably will eventually tell me why.  Anyhow I made a start on the model.  Only done the cabin thus far... pictures below.


   Just put the memory card in the front to show you the size of the cabin.


   Over painted the white dials, altho this may still work.  I am planing on having the door open so you can see inside the cabin and the cockpit.  Noticed that I missed the back of that chair, amazing how the camera can always show your errors but not your successes...


   And the detail on the other side, not much to say here...
 

   I have been looking on the interwebs for colours and what not, so I decided to make a bash of what seems reasonable.  However one thing that I stole from MerlinJones from the Unoffical Airfix Modellers Forum (hope she/he doesn't mind) is the fire extinguisher... okay thats not correct.  RAF Pumas have the fire extinguisher there anyways but I was reminded of it, by the build that MerlinJones done. It was "made" from a bit of red power wire from a knackered USB cable.  Gotta love building/fixing computers, it gives you so many materials to use in your modelling ;)


  The front end of the cockpit, those wires I made myself.  Not sure if I have pulled it off tho, they where made from a stripped USB wire again.  I gotta add some more bits to make it look better but I am happy with this.  More to come in due course.

  Peace!

  Dazz

No comments:

Post a Comment