Friday 13 April 2012

Revell 1/144 Northrop Grumman E-2C Hawkeye Part 3


  Just a little update.  I finally got around to looking at the Hawkeye again, I was actually re-reading one of my Scale Aviation Modelers International magazine the other week, when I noticed an article on the new RAF Voyager, actually an Airbus A330 MRTT but meh... anyhow a bloke in it (I will find his name and give him full credit at an later date) had an A330 and he was going to convert it to the Voyager.  However he had already painted it using the display colours of the A330 at various airshows.  So he had the problem of removing the paint (as well as putting more nose weight in), anyhow he said that he got a tip of using Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner and putting it in a bag to "cook" for a day and then washed it off.  Well it's only £3.00 ish at work and even cheaper with the store discount (yeah I work in a supermarket, fucking hate it with a passion).  I tried it the other day and I can say it worked a treat!  Admitted I buggered up by getting water into the canopy but I can sort that out later.  Below is a picture of her drying from being washed.  I am back on track in getting this "simple" project done.


  Now I just need to decide on the colour of the aircraft and I will get the bugger done ASAP.  Well depends on when my Firestorm Armada cruisers get delivered.

  PEACE!

  Dazz

No comments:

Post a Comment