Thursday 8 November 2012

New Purchase - Retrowings (OzMods) BAe Hawk T1 1/144 and Retrowings Hawks in Worldwide Service decal sheet.


  I couldn't resist buying this the other day when I ordered some more resin parts for the other models I own (most cockpits tbh).  So I purchased this, I loved the Hawk Mk.127 that I built earlier in the year I decided to build one in the scale I am now starting to prefer.  Onto the pictures and a little about each one.


 here is the box for it, nothing fancy and nothing to write home about.  Clearly says on the box that the model was manufactured by OzMods (still gotta buy some bits from them but the shipping is really putting me off).  I think the Hawk on the picture is from Indonesia, I might go for that version it's a tooled up little Hawk with the 30mm Aden Cannon, two Sidewinders (assuming it's the same the other side) and what I think is an Mk.84 bomb.  I got a few of those weapons in my stash (mostly from the F-18E) so I might use that.


   Once again nothing to write home about, the parts look to be okay.  I know I will have a fair bit of work to do with this model.  But that's part of the fun with this one, am really looking forward to this one. 


  I am so glad that the main wing is one part, makes my life easier as I was worried about fitting them both and getting the right stance for some reason.  Also glad that the wing has the little stake things in it already.  I hated doing them for the Hawk 127.


  Here is the decal sheet that Retrowings released to go with the Hawk model, it's got 10 different planes from around the world which is a bonus incase I wanna do an unusual country choice or an what-if.  Also good to have. :)


  The first page, I am loving the way this is set out.  I've always had a thing for technical drawings like this, was always good at school with these kinda drawings and I could understand them quicker than most in my class.  Anyhow... I love the RSAF colours for some reason, probably because its the same colours as the Tonkas have... I dunno...  The only problem with this sheet is that you can see the Hawks Mk. 53, 65, 109, 209 as well as other marks.  I can only do the 53's and 65's as thats all the T1 was.  I wonder if anyone will do a conversion set for this model in the future??


   First thing that gets me about this page is there is a ROKAF plane in the bottom right.  I never knew that the South Koreans had the Hawk.  But now that I do know that I have had an idea, as I wont be using the decals for that plane as it's a Mk 63 and has a different nose to the T1, I was thinking of buying the Revell 1/144 F-15E Strike Eagle which has all of it's decals in tiger stripes and replacing them with the ROKAF ones as they do have the F-15E.... Okay they have the F-15K Slam Eagle (cool name!) which for all purposes IS and F-15 just different internals.  Not a bad idea I thinks, depends if the stencils are in the tiger stripes too.


  What decal sheet wouldn't be complete with the top/bottom views of all the planes.  I never noticed how much the wings differ from the Mk.63, 109 and 209.  Stuff like that fascinates me... geeky I know but you had your warning in my first post. :P


  All of the decals, I have two problems with this sheet, first one being the lack of stencils for the planes.  I wouldn't of minded paying extra to have them included in the sheet.  They are shown on the diagrams so why not?  The other problem is the fact that the US Navys not on there... they are the biggest operator of the Hawk... Well they call it the Goshawk but it's still a bloody Hawk, just Navy-ised.  Still thinking of the Indonesia decals...

  Peace!

  Dazz

No comments:

Post a Comment