Friday 30 March 2012

The List Part 2

  Here is the second part of the stuff I have still yet to make.  This part will be the ones I have started.



  This is my little Rafale, painted in the colours of Espada 2 from Ace Combat Zero : The Belkan War.  I dont have any decals for this one yet.  I got an idea tho, I love the way this plane looks.  I've gotta admit it is a really good looking plane.  I know the Typhoon lost to this plane in India this year, not really sure on that tho.



  Who doesn't know this plane?  The F/A-18E Super Hornet, I bought this wondering if there was any way I could turn this into a Growler (the "Wild Weasel" version of the F-18, an aircraft designed purely to attack enemy radars/anti-air assets), but alas I dont think I can. I might use the CAG colours or if I can find some low-vis markings from another kit (update : I have in the F-19 kit). I might buy the Dragon Growler kit at a later date.



  This is a little kit that I picked up on special offer also, I know it's a cargo/light utility plane.  But it's a unique looking plane, so it wins in my eyes.  Altho I found out that the Do-28D2 Skyservant is no longer in service with the German Army anymore, however it is with the Luftwaffe and German Navy.  I'm not too sure if those colours on the rudder are for a Tigermeet or not. Oh well...


  I got lazy at this point, I was meant to photo the Sherman Firefly and A-34 Comet on their own, but wanted to get the Harrier AV-8B and Tomcat in it.  The two tanks are built awaiting painting... actually they are painted I just need to find the decals for them.  The Tomcat is a lovely little plane, I've always liked them and respected what it could do.  The long range of it's radar and the AIM-54 Phoenix was phenomenal.  I also found it amazing that if the Tomcat had it's maximum load of 6 Phoenix's on, it had to drop 4 of them before it could land because it was over-weight even with no fuel onboard. Also the Tomcat was the inspiration for the VF-1 Valkyrie from Macross.  Now the Harrier, one plane that is a piece of British Engineering genius (Yes I know the AV-8B is American, but the Harrier is a British plane no questions).  However I am a bit annoyed with Revell for this kit, the Harrier always is and always will be a CAS (Close Air Support) plane.  So why have they only shipped it with two fuel tanks, 2 Sidewinders and cannon?  Not very CAS to me... I might be able to steal some unused weapons from other kits.  Speaking of stealing, this kit has 2 decal options, one for the USMC VMA-231 Ace of Spades squadron or for the Spanish Navy Air Arm - Armada Española Arma Aérea, now I am thinking that I could probably nick the Spanish ones and put them on the Rafale as Espada 2 is supposed to be Spanish... it could either work or fail totally.  One way to find out.



  Now Tanks aren't really my area of specialty, but I love the lines of the Leopard 2 A5, it looks so mean.  This kit is a cool and quick kit to make.  Just waiting to finish it with paints and decals.  The Camo looks cool too, there is also a turret in the kit to make the A4 I believe, but I didn't look too much into it as it was too square for my liking.


  I said earlier that Tanks/Armour isn't my specialty, so I am not too sure why I bought this.  I guess the Half-track was cool, the huge arse 40mm Rocket propelled grenades are an added bonus. :)  But alas I dont know much about the Sd.Kfz. 251 (what a long winded name).


  Like tanks and Armour, I know next to nothing about marine vessels.  This Gepard-Klasse 143A was on offer and looked cool to me.  I've gotten as far as you can see in the photo.  I need to start painting the hull tho.  I had problems with the deck when I was making it as I had glued the hull too close together so the deck wouldn't fit correctly.  But elaccy-bands sorted that one out and brute strength. ;)  Updates as and when I get them done.

  Peace!

  Dazz

No comments:

Post a Comment