Thursday 19 December 2013

New Purchase - Tomytec 1/144 F-15C


  Now these two models I have been waiting for, since they where first on HLJ.  Even tho they cost £20-ish each I had to have them.  The reason being that they are two of my fav aircraft from a computer game that I love playing.  They are






 
  Not my artwork btw, but damn fine pictures tho!  Well these two are the two main characters from Ace Combat Zero (0) : The Belkan War.  Both are mercs and both fight with distinction through out the war.  I wont say much more, but I will post this trailer, I wonder if its out on the PS3 yet??

 
  Well I really loved this game when it came out, well I loved them all until Assault Horizon came out on the PS3... it was a good game, but it just wasn't Ace Combat to me.  On with the pictures...


  The front of the box, this is the box for Galm 1 (the guy you play) aka "The Demon Lord".


  Bottom half of the box, I thought this was going to be a proper model, not one what was already painted.  I was really looking forward to getting the decals for it.  But they are already on, oh well... I like the look of that LED thing.  Will have to see if I can find it.


  All the parts come like this, all pre-painted.  Kinda worried in case I cock it up and have to paint over my mistakes.


   Least I do not have to worry about painting the wheels eh??
 

  The rudders you see here are not used, I dont even understand why they would be on here...


  I assume this is a card for it to sit on, this is Galm Teams logo/emblem (hence the two stars).  IIRC Galm is the name of the dog protecting the Underworld/Hell (not Cerberus). 


  This advert was inside the box for Mobius 1 "The Ribbon" and Yellow 13, your main target.  I so wanted to get these, but they are not out of stock at HLJ :(


  I have no idea why I would need these...


  Other random parts, love the rudder painting.


  close up of the rudders, pretty cool eh??


  Close up of the top part, look at all of those warning decals and such, could you imagine doing them decals on a 1/144 model?!  That would be fun eh?


 Other bits of the airframe, love the painting on these...


  A little history of the aircraft, not that I can read Japanese tho.


  Painting guide/decal guide... totally irrelevant as all the decals and painting is done already.  Still I love these kinda drawings.


  The other box for Galm 2 "Solo Wing Pixy", in the game he flew an F-15 when half of the wing was blown off (hence the red bit) but he made it home and landed the plane safely.  That story is based on a real life Isreali F-15 that lost it's right wing when an F-16 ploughed through it.  That aircraft also made a safe landing with half of it's wing missing.  Pretty cool story huh?  I can't remember what happened to the F-16 tho, I dont think it was pretty tho...


  Lovely side shot of the box and my thumb... nice thumb eh??


  The bottom half of the box, as this one is called "ACE 02" I hope it means that there will be more to follow.  I am hoping for Scarface or Garuda or even better Espada/Sorcerer ;)  These models where made by Hasagawa too, wonder if they will be bringing out any 1/144 models soon?  I think they used to years ago...

  Peace!

  Dazz

3 comments:

  1. How do they compare with the revell strike eagle, these maybe the best option for a single seater in this scale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great detail work…impressive!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Mark,

    The model is produced by Hasagawa, so the quality is assured (and price). However the only thing I am not liking is the fact that you have to put the model together but you can't hide any of the seam lines. Thats the biggest worry for me, I am hoping to have a look at it on Monday, I will let you know on BM. As for the single seater, I reckon the best option is still the LS/Revell version with the Retrowings cockpit upgrade, I have two to use yet must get around to it.

    Kootong,

    They are impressive aren't they?! The painting is amazing, I will have to get some pictures of the bits when they are out of the bags. :)

    Kind Regards

    ReplyDelete