Sunday 6 April 2014

Finished! Revell 1/72 Leopard II and T-80B


  Well I have finished these two fantastic little kits.  Took me bloody long enough that is for sure.  I had a right nightmare with the Leopard's decals, well that is not correct entirely... I have lost them.  I looked everywhere for them in the man-cave but fount nowt.  Buggered if I know where they are!  So I was stuck, then while looking around at the big H (Hannants) for... well stuff.  I found the newer Leopard II A6 (I think) on sale, which had markings for the Dutch version and the Germany army!  Result!  So I ordered it and used the German decals for this model and going to do the other one in the dutch colour's that will go well with my Swedish one!  The T-80, now that is another story, I painted it all up, I loved the green colour I used on it, but I wanted a camouflaged version (maybe next time).  So I had to paint it, that is when my airbrush decided to pack up for good.  I am lucky to get any air out of it.  I've placed the error down to the nozzle and the needle looked knackered (I have had it nearly two years now!).  In a feat of incredible British "Can Do" ingenuity I took bits off the other airbrush I have and used it on the main one.  Well the idea was good in principle, that is about all, it failed horribly.  I've now since ordered a brand new airbrush and finished off the little T-80 with it.  I haven't weathered it yet as I am unsure what to do, but I had a go at the Leopard.  I can always go back and dirty it up a little bit I guess.  Sorry for the picture quality, it was taken on my phone.






  To be fair there isn't really that many decals to on this one.  Maybe 6 at most, still they make a lot of difference.  I have learned a little bit from this model and plan to apply it to the other ones.  I will get pictures of this outside in natural light so you can see it in all it's horror!


Looking at it like this, you really wouldn't guess that I have used two different browns on her would you?  Those shovels/spades where a right bugger to paint!


The T-80B, not sure if the brown is the right shade or not, but I am happy with her, it is something different eh?  Think I will add some weathering to this one at a later date.


I can honestly imagine that if a T-80 commander ever got himself caught like this next to a Leopard (espically during the Cold War) he would probably have his head between his legs kissing his arse "goodbye".  I did cock up the spraying of the brown as it has gone over the wheels.  But I think I can use that as some kind of weathering as say it's mud, or give me a good base to work from.  We will see when I get some better pictures of it.

PEACE!

Dazz

No comments:

Post a Comment