Sunday 6 April 2014

WiP 1 - Bandai 1/144 RX-121-2A Gundam TR-1 "Advanced Hazel"


  So here are more pictures of the Hazel...


  This is at a stage where I had not gotten very far with it.  That torso took me an while, I can not remember why.  Think I was sleepy at the time, for once...






  Close up of the shield, yes it actually is a shield not a booster.





  Good old beam gun. where would a Gundam be without it's beam gun?!


  I really am not sure on that head unit, to me a Gundam needs it's head not some kinda Tron head gear... I dunno





  A little later in the build I had gotten the chunky legs done.  Good job this thing potters around in space, I can't see it getting very far with those buggers!


  Okay this bit I find very very weird... heels on a Gundam... in space... WTF?  This where separate little things that clip over the Hazels normal feet.





  Now these are boosters, all of the pictures of this Hazel show that it has 3 boosters.  But Bandai in their infinite wisdom or clever marketing skills have decided to only have two in the box. I do plan to make a picture of the one with 3 boosters once I can find a Gundam stand.


  It has arms now... this looks like one hard bastard.  It also reminds me of the Blue Destiny Gundams, I will have to look into that.  I am sure there is a reason as to why...





  "Who fancies a hug then?!" - Sorry I couldn't resist... bit freaky when you look at it tho isn't it?


  Just for size comparisons, I am still stuck as to what colour to do the Hi-Nu... thinking of the GunPla colours of Black and White maybe with a little bit of Gold (I am sure there is a Strike Freedom painted like that)


  This is after I had taken him (can you call it a "her" when it is named after a buck?) completely apart, I had started priming him when typically I ran out of primer.  So I had to wait to get some more. 


  Got the more primer!  I used Tamiya's X16 Purple paint straight from the jar and wacked into my new funky airbrush.  For some reason water drops formed on the actual paint giving me this effect.  I have asked on BM for any ideas, no doubt it was something I have done wrong. We will see I guess...





  At some point I decided to clean my MSZ-006 C1 [Bst] "Hummingbird" Gundam Fix Figueration (bloody cool name eh?).  Here is a picture of it, I will have to get a picture of it outside in natural light for you all to enjoy.  This thing is armed to the teeth, then again it is one of Ray Amauro's mounts (I don't know where it fits in the Gundam timeline tho).  Those legs look really wrong...


  I also cleaned the MSA-0011-3 [Bst] Plan 303E Deep Striker (even cooler name!).  This is the biggest Gundam I own and also my fav, just look at that gun!!!  It is supposed to be the main cannon from an "Irish-Class" destroyer.  This was also to show how big the Deep Striker was and I am sure someone asked for a picture of it...


  I got this the other day, think I paid between £15-£20 for it.  Not bad considering I have seen it going for £50 over here!  I am really looking forward to building this big bugger.  I really need to improve my skills before I attempt this beasty.  Got to find some decals for it also.

  Well that is it for the time being...

  Hopefully I will be back to normal Geek mode now...

  PEACE!

  Dazz

No comments:

Post a Comment