Friday 18 April 2014

WiP 3 - Bandai 1/144 RX-121-2A Gundam TR-1 "Advanced Hazel"


  I have finally got my hands on a Tamiya Spray can, can you believe that the Royal Mail will not let these go through the postal system?  Apparently they have been destroying entire parcels that contain even one of these... anyhow armed with that knowledge I had to go to my local hobby shop which is an hour away (even more if you hit all of the bloody red lights...).  So anyhow, after my mishap with the actual Tamiya paint, I had to de-cant some of paint which is a first for me.  I managed it without it going everywhere!  WOOHOO!  Once it has been "de-gassed" it sprays really well, however it is a right bastard to clean up after, XF-20A struggles with it... I got some time to get some work done on the Hazel not much but the painting of the purple is done.  I had to take these photos on my phone as my DSLR's battery decided it would be a good time to die.... bloody typical...




  
Once again I apologise for the dodgy photos, here is the majority of the parts painted.  Thank god that purple is sorted.  Just got to do the detail painting now.




This is one of the booster units mostly masked up ready for some painting.  I got to paint yellow on to that dark purple... oh this will be fun...


This is what has taken most of my time today, it is not much but that yellow is a right bastard to paint.  I am happy with the way it has turned out thus far. :)

Hoping to get some more done soon.

PEACE!

Dazz




No comments:

Post a Comment