Thursday 5 July 2012

Bride and Groom


  Last week Nat and I went down for a 150-ish mile drive to her cousins for their wedding.  You might be wondering why I am putting this on my blog, well read on and I will explain.  Anyhow, as you may or may not know, Nat my girlfriend makes some pretty epic cakes and she was asked to make the wedding cake for her cousin and a cookie monster cake (it's well cool!).  She bought some cake toppers but they where hot-pink in colour, and she wanted them to be more of a babypink colour.  I said to Nat that I could paint it for her.  So I was given the challenge to paint them.  Now this little project involves two new things for me, first one being the use of Vallejo paints.  I've heard loads of good things about these paints and been told to give them a try so I have taken all the advice I was given.  Second, the use of an airbrush, usually I use a brush but an airbrush gives more of an even coverage.  I mixed up the paint, not too sure I like how quick the paint seperates and I dont like how long it takes to dry but I guess there is ways around it.  Onto what I achieved.


  Nat loved the colour and the cake looked great. I learned a lot of things from this and I am happy with what I have done.  Normal blogging will resume soon :)

  Peace!

  Dazz

1 comment:

  1. And they came out great and made the cakie look great too!! Thanks for doing that baby! :D Much appreciated :D xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete