Tuesday 27 March 2012

Warhammer 40,000 WiP 1

  Right before I go any further I will make this clear here and now.  I do NOT play Warhammer, I can't be bothered and the "image" is has is enough to keep me away.  I like the idea of Warhammer but I hate the way it's implemented and why-oh-why do all the shop-staff have to have long greasy hair and be about 20 stone?!  Also I hate the cost of the thing... says the man who paid £160 for a Gundam... hhmm... However, I like the models/figures/statues/wargaming things whatever you wanna call them.  Dawn of War was a cool game too, my friends and me used to play online as Chaos and see who could last the longest with their ramblings.  Was quite funny over TeamSpeak.  Anyhow, a few years back I bought a few models off Amazon. If I remember corectly, I got a Space Marine Battleforce, a Dreadnought, Scout Biker and a Tatical Marine Squad. I've built some of them and have given them a basic coat of paint.  Most of them are just primed black at the moment, with a few a little more painted.  Most of them are painted in the Ultramarines colours, except for the Assault Squad which... I think where Dark Angels.  The name escapes me for the time being.  I'll throw some pictures down and then ramble on a little more afters about them.


A little line up of what I kinda have, you can see the Dreadnought with it's two arms. A painted Tatical Marine, two primed Tatical Marines and the Scout Biker painted too.

 
Three of the 5 Assault Marines I have, but these have been drybrushed with a dark green colour.  I can't remember it's colour atm.  Need to finish this soon.


  One of the Tatical Marines I have that where painted using the Citadel blue paint, not bad actually.


 The scout Biker that has also been painted with the Citadel paint.


This is where the fun starts.  This was painted using a Revell "email" paint called "Ultramarine Blue".  Now I have always like Revell's paints, however this went on patchy and is a wee bit glossy as you can see.  I might have to strip this model of it's paint and try again.  I was hoping the colour would turn out okay. Oh well...

 

And last but not least the two arms of the Dreadnought.  That "Ultramarine Blue" paint is well blotchy to say the least.  Unless I am really missing something about how to paint it?  I'm gathing it's a glossy type of paint.  But surely it wouldn't go like this?  Saying that, every time I paint white, it turns out like that... hhmm... If you look hard enough you can see on the base of the Dreadnought where I have dry-brushed the edge of the slabs.  I need to get some sessions with these to paint them well. 

"My Armour is Contempt,
My Shield is Disgust,
My Sword is Hatred,
In the Emperors Name,
Let None Survive!"

I love that saying, dunno why tho... I am weird like that. :)

Peace!

Dazz

No comments:

Post a Comment