Friday 15 June 2012

1/144 HG MBF-02+P202QX Strike Rouge IWSP


  Hows that title for a mouthful??  Anyhow, Nat has been out for most of the week so I have either been at work or at home on my own... yeah you can feel sympathy for me if you like. :P  I managed to mask up the parts of the IWSP that needed painting and I managed to mask up the shield too, I got lazy with the shield and used white-tack to fill in the bits that needed doing, big mistake... It was a pain in the arse to get the white-tack out of the recesses without yanking the freshly put on paint.  In the end I just left the white-tack on and painted over it.  My masking skills need to improved also, there was a bit of bleed through nevermind.  I'm almost done on this just need to paint some little bits.  I was also taught a lesson from Nat (she used to be an art student), I was having trouble painting on the white to the red surface, but the gray was okay.  I mentioned it to Nat on the off chance she might know, and she said it's because gray is "closer" to white than red is... I kinda understand.  Anyhow she is a genius and it worked great!!  Piccys below.


  Front view, can't really see what I have done from this angle eh?  You can see my Airacobra and Stuka in the background tho.


 You can see the painting on the IWSP here and the shield, you can also see the bleed through on the front of the shield.  I've also started to use my bridge camera to take photos as my iphone sucks... (shocking!)


  And the other angle, still think I've done well with it. :)

   Peace!

  Dazz

No comments:

Post a Comment