Friday 20 April 2012

They called it a Tank?!


  Now if you was to ask Nat (my girlfriend), she would just say that I buy a model kits because it "looks" cool and I would open it, look at the bits inside and then just forget about it.  Well today I have done the impossible, I have actually finished some models! I'll list them below...






  The weird thing is... they are all armor subjects from left to right we have a T-34/76, a Sherman Firefly and a A-34 Comet.  Time for some closer pictures, now this aren't too good as they where taken on my iphone which I do not rate at all... but it was all I had to hand.





 I noticed there is a great big gaping gap in the front of the turret, I couldn't be bothered to fix it besides the gun had buggered up somehow.


  The Sherman Firefly, dont know why but I just love this tank.  I think it's because it was the only tank that could fight the Panthers or Tiger at reasonable ranges.  Gotta love that 17 pounder gun. :)  I only read the other day that the German Tank crews where instructed to kill the Firefly first as it posed the greatest danger (makes sense).  To combat this the tank crews painted a "countershadow" to hide the length of the barrel to make it looks like a normal Sherman.  I tried to paint this on as well, but it's bloody hard at this scale.





  Last but not least is the A-34 Comet, I like this little model.  It was the only model out of the 3 tanks that I chose to do a proper disruptive camo scheme.  Don't think it came out too bad.

  Now I know these tanks are not the best in the world and they are just painted to the basic level.  But I am still technically learning how to make these things again, so I am learning as I go along.  One thing I have learned is the value of the two products below.


  Now these two little bottles are a god send, they actually make the decals look good without any "silvering" and no bubbles either.  I love this stuff, glad I found these online, can't come highly recommended enough.  I'll show you what I mean.


  This is the right wing for my Ta-152, it looks horrible doesn't it?  The paint looks bad as it was rushed and hand painted too.  This was before I put some Micro Sol on it...


  And here we have the same wing after one coat of Micro Sol... amazing stuff!  I will be using this stuff a lot more.  Really good stuffs. :)

  Oh and welcome to first two followers (Other than Nat) of my blog, they be StuG and Ludo Weyden. :)

  PEACE!

  Dazz





No comments:

Post a Comment