Friday 20 April 2012

Espada 2 Rafale!


  I finally finished this baby, this is my first finished 1/144 scale aircraft and I am loving it.  I loved the detail and I loved how well everything fitted.  Admitted I could of spent a little longer making it, but I was rushing it (shocking)... I am still well impressed with what I have done.  Now I am not sure if you'd call this an "What If.." project as the Spanish do not fly the Rafale, they fly the great Harrier, where some of these decals come from.  I used the little decals for the Rafale that came with the kit and they are great!  I love the little "Rafale" on the top of the rudder and the "Dassault Rafale" at the bottom of the rudder.  I used the Spanish decals from my AV-8B Harrier II+ kit that I have still got to make.  Well I am impressed with this one, oh yeah I forgot to mention, I think the decals on the canards are so cool!  I think they say the usual "No Walk" kinda thing.  Well I'll get onto posting pictures of it.  Hope you like it as much as I do, please let me know what you think of it too.  Oh yeah, for people who haven't read the rest of my blog, I was trying to make one of my fav "Aces" from Ace Combat Zero : The Belkan War.  Espada 2 flies an Rafale while her leader flies an Saab Draken.






 Top view, I'm not too sure if the Spanish Roundels work or not...





  Front left side, I think it looks pretty good.  Love the fuel tanks.


  You can see the "Armada" from the Harrier kit here, I think they work.


  Front right, I'm really happy with this, altho I see places I need to touch up tho... bugger.

  If anyone has any comments about this please let me know.

  Hope you liked it.

  Peace!

  Dazz

No comments:

Post a Comment