Thursday 19 December 2013

New Purchases - Sweet 1/144 Wildcats


  Well I bought these two to "bulk" out my order from HLJ.  Kinda glad I did now as I am really looking forward to building these little ones.  Not too sure what ones I am going to build yet but I will show you guys what I have.



  Here we have one side of the box fronts (the other is below).  Nasa-chan (I think thats her name??) is looking cute in that witch outfit with all of the other cute-ish stuff going on around her.  Thats the Wildcat V from HMS Tracker, Fleet Air Arm.  I think I will do one model as that one (it's British, gotta be done eh?)


  The other side of the box, god knows what Lucky (the cat??) is doing!! Nasa-chan looking cute again surrounded by all of the laughing pumpkins.  This version is for the CAF ( formally Confederate Air Force, linky linky)  Don't think I will be doing this version tho.


  Here are all of the schemes for the Ghost Fighter (that was an fighter in Macross wasn't it?). I will most likely be doing the bottom two.  The other two do not appeal to me that much.


  The wonderful decals (printed by cartograf, then again what isn't?).  I will not be using the invasion stripes, I will be painting them on.


  God knows what there is two different coloured sprues??  I guess it helps with building it somehow, then again there isn't many parts to begin with anyways.  There is a little figure of "Lucky" on the airframe sprue.  Not sure if I can be bothered to make him or not yet.


 The second box I got, not much to write about here.


   Love that look on Nasa-chans face "It wasn't me!"  Its a pretty good picture, but I can imagine something like that being a "fun" ride... :/


  Has anyone noticed whats wrong with this decal sheet placement guide?  Well ignoring the error, I am not too sure which one I am going for.  I like the top right as it's something different from the norm.  I could always build the CAF one.  I could also buy the retrowings upgrade and make the night-fighter version with the radar on the wing.  I will just have to see what the differences are between this version and that version.  Still it's a plan :)





  One of the reasons I love these little boxes? "2 Cats in a Box!"... nice little touch that, plus the pictures on the tabs are kinda cute also :)


  PEACE!

  Dazz

No comments:

Post a Comment