Friday 7 December 2012

Revell 1/144 F-18D and CF-188A WiP 4

Learning a lot with these little buggers, I done some more work on the F-18D while round Natti's house.  The CF-188A is on hold until I get my Gunze paints I have ordered, also ordered some blues to maybe make an Aggressor style one, Fighting Omars style   Pictures down below.


  Now if I was to make this model again, I would definitely not put the little stakes on the LERX (is that whats it's called?) until after the walkway decal has gone on.  I have had to cut it up and try to stick it on as best as I could.  Think I will be MicroSol'ing that bastard for a while yet.


  I love the little decals for the pilots names.  However I never noticed the little paint bump when I was putting them on, I might have to take them off and try again.  Good job I have bought this model again then


Oh bloody hell, those tiger stripes needed to be straighter, bugger.  As for that little white bit on the badge, you can't see that with the naked eye, so I am going assume it's some kind of light reflection of some kind.  I love the "Marines" decal, it fitted underneath the flap sweetly. 


See what I mean about the badge?  Must of been some kind of light thing.  Tried to get a picture of the whole plane in focus, my camera wasn't playing today.  I just can't do wheels for some reason...


See what I mean about the walkways?  The rear console looks shocking with that massive gap.  The seats do not look too bad, was surprised there wasn't that many stencil decals as opposed to the F-18E... I dunno...


Not much to say here really, except that I really like the "No Step" decals on the tailplanes



  Now I am not too sure about the decals for the ground mechanic (is that their correct title?), if it is in the right place or not.  The plans didn't have them on the door, however they look too close to the roundel so I am not too sure.  Will have to see if I can find a picture to find out.  However I have seen a picture of this plane on Airliners.net and this plane was on there.  According to Revell it is a two tone grey colour.  To me it looked like one grey all over... bugger.  I am planning on getting the HARM and Maverick on later on this week sometime.

Peace!

Dazz

No comments:

Post a Comment