Tuesday 4 December 2012

Revell 1/144 F-18D and CF-188A WiP 3

  Sorry for the delay regarding these models, was hoping to have them done by now, but I had a leaky lightsocket and been trying to sort that out.  On the plus side I now have a metric-f**k-tonne of lead to use on my models for nose weight and it was free... woot!

  Right onto the CF-188A first, now I haven't done much with her, shes all masked up and ready to be painted.  I've primed the colourful parts white in hope that the paint will come out brighter.  I tried to make the paint up, to no avail... I might need to use Revell's paint for this one.  Well the picture is below.






  Now for the F-18D, had some fun with this model.   Wasn't too sure what load out to put on her, but I decided to use what's in the box.  That be the one tank, 2 AGM-65 Maverick, 2 AGM-88 HARM's and the two AIM-9 Sidewinders.  Should make it scary enough I reckon, why does the camera always show the bad bits in a model??






I have got to sort out that bottom part of the rudder, but I like the paint work on this one.  Still not too sure if the greys work or not, but I will find out when I get the decals on, also I'll let everyone else judge





The fuel tank decal, went on easy without any fuss at all.  Need to varnish this so it doesn't look so shiny on the decal.  But looking alright here I reckon.


 The two AGM-88 HARMs, the decals are actually two different ones I have nicked from the Revell Typhoon decals that where meant to be used on the Luftwaffe's Sidewinders (I made the RAF version if you wanted to know).






And the two AGM-65 Mavericks, the decals where nicked from the Revell A-10's decal sheet.  I wont be using 6 Mavericks on it now so used them on here to make it look more "busy".





AIM-9 Sidewinders, the decals where once again nicked from the Revell Typhoon kit.  Dont think they have come out too bad actually.





The two pod things, the bottom one is an LANTRIN (I'm assuming?) however the weird TV ariel one I have no clue what so ever as to what it is.  The picture has made my filling look really bad.   I'm hoping to get all of the annoying bits done first and have her decal'd up either Thursday or Friday.

  Peace!

  Dazz


No comments:

Post a Comment