Wednesday 22 January 2014

WiP - 1/72 Revell Leopard II and T-80B


  So here we have my two long term armor project.  Since I have been playing World of Tanks a lot, I have wanted to make an armoured model of some description.  I know neither the Leopard or the T-80B are actually in WoT, but they where on sale at ModelZone.  On to the pictures!



  Both of the models together, I just can't get over the size of the Leopards turret compared to the T-80's.  Both of these tanks had different school of thoughts.  IIRC, the NATO countries where going to rely on taking out the WARSAW Pact tanks from range (camping anyone?!) at and over 1km.  Where as the WARSAW countries where going to rely on their numbers and basically Zerg rush everyone.  Know which one I would rather do...


  I have started to do the detail painting on the Leopard, and yes I have used two different shades of brown on it... I'm hoping it wont show as badly when I start to weather it and dirty it up a bit.  Need to find an easier way of doing the tracks, they where a complete pain and almost sent me boss-eyed... need to work on my 3 tone camo-skills.  I know what I have done wrong here and know how to correct it.  But this model is going to be a test bed for the new Humbrol weathering powders, looking forward to using them and seeing what kind of muck I can make with them! :) 


  Random shot of the T-80, I can't get over the size of that barrel!!  I decided that the turret looked really bare and after looking at different colours of this tank I noticed that there is a lot of wires missing from the hull and the turret.  So I used some 0.2mm thick wire attached with superglue, I think I went a little OTT with the superglue.  Least it wont move now eh?! :P  Will be painting this one dark green and white.


  Closer shot of that turret and wire bits.  I know the wire isn't straight, then again I have never seen any wires of any kind straight at all, well thats my excuse and I am sticking to it! :P  Hopefully I will be painting this one very soon (next week or so...).

  Thats it for the tanks :)

  PEACE!

  Dazz

No comments:

Post a Comment