Friday 2 May 2014

WiP 5 - Bandai 1/144 RX-121-2A Gundam TR-1 "Advanced Hazel" - Getting there!!!


  Done some work on the Hazel while I was waiting for the painty bits on the Bulldog to dry.  I decided to give Humbrol Clear a go through my new Airbrush, thought I would try the 0.4 nozzle as up until all I have used is the 0.2 nozzle.  Well I am not impressed, think I am going to get a really cheap model off eBay and use it as a test bed for new things.  Or I would use one I have messed up, which is more or less all of them! :P  Anyhow the spraying was the least of my problems, when I was attaching the decals I found out that Humbrol Clear and Tamiya AS sprays do not like each other... bugger it!  It's washed most of the paint off or thinned it out... not much I can do about it now apart from to say it is battle damage :P  Onto the pictures, oh yeah all of the white decals are from a spare RX-0 Unicorn Gundam sheet I have, seeing as the Gundam is white and the decals are white I decided to use them on my Hazel.  Also decided to buy another Hazel and make a custom one, not too sure what yet tho. 









I do apologise for the sucky pose, the decals where still drying when I took these photos.  I think I need to get a few more stencils on the shield and maybe some on the boosters as well.  I really am liking the "Hazel" mascot on the shield.  I think it is kinda wasted on the rear skirt.  I have a few more bits to touch up here and there that the camera has shown me.  But I am getting there :)  Oh yeah here is a picture just because I think it's an epic picture and I can! :D




The front Gundam is the Hazel Custom and the one behind it is the Advanced version, I believe that the grey rabbit is Hazel but the black one I am not too sure about... Bigwig maybe?

PEACE!

Dazz

No comments:

Post a Comment