Thursday 19 December 2013

New Pruchases - Sweet 1/144 Sea Kings and Zero


  Now this is the ones I originally ordered from HLJ with VF-19 and IdolM@ster planes (have I put them up on here??).  I saw one of these being built on Britmodeller as part of the 1/144 GB and thought they looked cool.  Plus they have the SAR versions of the great Sea King.  If only they done the commando version (the designation escapes me atm).


  All of the Japanese versions, naturally had to be first.  Not sure which one I want to do... I could just leave this little lot entirely and make use the decals from another set below... still not decided.


  The decals from the above set, not really alot to write about.  Still the decals are really well printed and there is enough there to make a few what-ifs (Merling SAR for the JSDAF... or is it JSDMF?)


  I bought this one originally to make the classic yellow RAF SAR helicopter.  But I now have the Airfix 1/72 version (despite it's many faults).  So I can make that one then... so I might make the grey one... not sure yet.


  Decals for the above.


  I got this one to build the RAAF version, liking the Belgian version too for some reason.  I could use that for the model up above... hhmm... will have to think about that one.  The German one isn't really working for me, plus I have a CH-53G in the same scheme.


  Decals for the above...


  Last but not least is this set, I only bought it the 775sq Fleet Air Arm SAR helicopter.  I have a thing for aircraft with cards on them, must be my love of poker there.  Anyhow that is the one I will be building here.  "Black Beast" is a colourful little one, but not one that I am particularly interested in.


  Decals for the above.


  This is what you get in each bag, yes thats right a bag!  Not much to say really, very few parts and the airframe is already set together.  There is no interior or cockpit detail at all.  So I will be having fun scratch building them when I get around to it.


  Just added this one to the order as it was only £5!!! Result, and for once it's a Zero that isn't in the standard boring white/cream/green schemes.  I do have a set of decals to turn them into a captured AVG machine, but that is 1/72 scale so totally useless here.  Anyhow, I am looking forward to building this one. :)


  Minimal parts here and decals, no Hinomaru's are included in the decals either (weird that eh?).  I'm looking forward to making this one also, should be nice and quick also.  practically no cockpit either, but I dont think you will see under all of the glazing tbh.

  Peace!

  Dazz

No comments:

Post a Comment