Wednesday 30 May 2012

Iterali 1/72 Hawk 100 and Revell 1/72 Stuka G


  I actually finished these two off last week, haven't had much time to do anything this week.  I was fixing laptops again the week before that.  Anyhow... on to whats occurring.  Right I decided to finish the two big models off first before I start anything else, and they where the Stuka and Hawk.  I was undecided for a while if I wanted the Stuka to be a dive bomber or a tank buster.  I thought I'd go for a tank buster as I have an Hurricane IID and an P-51 B Mustang to make and they where both "ground pounders/tank busters".  I might need to get an P-47 Razorback at some time too.

  Anyhow on with the Hawk first.


  I decided to go with the 4 AIM-9 Sidewinders on this one, I think it worked really well.  I noticed the "glass" pannel in the canopy has ruined the whole thing tho.  I never noticed that the RAAF's roundels are totally opposite either.  I think I got them the right as I didn't trust the box art one bit.  Now if you are wondering why the decals look so plain and boring, thats because my dog knocked the table when I was working on it.  She managed to tip over my bottle of Microsol and they landed on the decal sheet.  Which ruined half of them.  I am hoping I can get some more or bodge something.


  From the front she looks pretty good, thinking that a set of bombs and SNEBs might of been better... hhmm...


  masking up that canopy really paid off, guess I will have to do it in the future.  Not looking forward to doing it for the ME-110C... yay!

 
  Both planes together now on my kitchen table.  They look really cool together, just gotta find somewhere to put them now... joy.


  Even tho this plane got totally mashed up by the RAF and Soviet Air Force, it still looks like a mean little bugger, love that little tank decal on it.  Shame the crosses didn't align to well.


  Shame the cross on this side is "silvering" I really need to varnish the models.  But I'll be damned if I am going to pay £30 for a bottle of Klear... damn you Pledge!!


  And the front, those anti-tank cannons look really mean.  I'm really glad the prop cone looks white.  White is one of those colours that I can never get right.  Might have to invest in an airbrush me thinks.  Really enjoyed building this one for a change. :)   Let me know what you think.

  PEACE!

  Dazz

No comments:

Post a Comment