Friday 4 May 2012

Work so far...


  Yesterday I was supposed to wash my car (I know what an exciting life I lead eh?), but as is typical for England it was raining as per usual... and we are in a drought... go figure.  So I decided to do some models, now I didn't do anything major.  Just some tidying up and masking which took me a while.






  I've finally gotten around to masking the canopy for this bugger Hawkeye.  For a model that is supposed to be a modelers dream, it sure is turning into an nightmare for me.  It's just that bloody gray that I can not get right.  Might just slap on any old gray.





  My Revell 1/72 Ju-87 G Stuka, I decided to build the tank buster after all, might get some after market barrels for those cannons.  Dunno yet, need to tidy up those wing tips also.  I am quite pleased with what I have done here.  I need to sort the cockpit out also, that canopy isn't glued down yet.


  My little Revel 1/144 F/A-18 F Super Hornet, only managed to get the cockpit painted and glued the canopy down also masked it up.  Still trying to decide what weapons load I want on it, I might leave the Mk.82 bombs or the JDAM off and put them on the AV-8B Harrier II+, dunno yet.




  And last but not least we have the 1/72 Iterali BAe Hawk 127 (altho the model says 100), I've cleaned the cockpit out and made sure the canopy fitted correctly this time around.  I also tidied it up a bit and tried to get rid of the join lines.  I painted the Sidewinders too, so I just need to varnish it and decal it and this little baby is done.  I might buy this plane again at some point, I masked up the canopy but that too me an hour...

 
  A close up of the canopy, the paint work needs some touch ups but it's more or less done for an spraying.  I can't wait to get this one done.

  Haven't had much chance in the last two months between going to work, going out and crap weather to get the telescope out.  Almost forgotten how to use it :P  Hope I can soon...

  PEACE!

  Dazz







No comments:

Post a Comment