Friday 21 January 2011

The Man in the Moon

  Well who can guess what this one is about?!  For Christmas, Nat bought me an Newtonian Telescope, I love the thing I really do!  It's something that I have always wanted but never had the spare cash to buy.  Now the weather has been very shit around here since I got it on Christmas day, but on the 18th Jan, Nat and I managed to get outside and see the moon in all her glory!  We even managed to take pictures of it also!  :)





  Here is one of the pictures that Nat managed to take using just the H2O (x32) eyepiece and a mobile phone, pretty cool eh?




  Here is my attempt in all of it's glory, the moon was bloody bright tho!  I think I will need to get an moon filter for this kinda thing.  There is an lovely set I have got my eyes on, shame it's £130 :(  Maybe for my birthday? :D

  They where really good for my second attempt eh?  I just need to learn how to use the Philips SPC900NC now.  I had that camera ordered by Nat on her ebay account (I've never had an ebay account!) and the proper eyepiece to go with it.  I actually ordered an alloy one, but got sent a plastic one.  Not a major issue really, if it works and stands the test of time then it could be made out of macaroni cheese for all I care! After all, we are only human and we all make mistakes, I didn't want to send it back as I had finally got my new toy and I was very impatient to use it. Got it from BilletParts.co.uk good quality eyepiece it was too, fitted the 900NC like a glove!  They have given me a £4 refund on the plastic one compared to the alloy one.  Thats the kind of service I like, I will be using them again, maybe for the alloy eyepiece this time?  :P

  Keep on Geeking! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment